I am a graduate of Bath Spa University where I studied my BA (Hons) Fashion and Textiles. I specialized in printed textiles. I have developed this into Surface Design for textiles and also for the interior market. My work is bold, bright and original. Feel free to take a look, and watch this space!

Thursday 25 June 2009

Floral

A lot of textile designs are based around florals, and so i decided to look at the shapes and lines within the flowers which really inspired me and I knew also, that floral patterns and designs were long lasting and popular so therefore felt inspired to take my own style into an already popular pattern. I researched using primary sources, drawing form life. I spent a lot of time making smaller initial sketches to loosen my style, which then developed into perfecting my own drawing style. After making some primary sketches I used photographs and books of more exotic flowers to add diversity to my work.



Once i had my designs as you can see in the image above, i then transferred them on to fabric, using the screen printing technique. I embroidered some of the and used quilting as well, to embellish the surface. I Also combined a geometric pattern, to add interest to my designs and break them up from looking so alike as you can see in the example below.





I also worked the design onto wallpaper too, and added splashes of colour, keeping it mainly grey/silver and black to give it a sophisiticated look.



No comments:

Post a Comment