I am a graduate of Bath Spa University where I studied my BA (Hons) Fashion and Textiles. I specialized in printed textiles. I have developed this into Surface Design for textiles and also for the interior market. My work is bold, bright and original. Feel free to take a look, and watch this space!

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Shell Shock

This collection of prints was inspired by my love of the sea side, and looking more at the shells washed up on the beach. The project started with drawings of the shells, in a very simple black linear/graphic way and i developed it into a print, which combined all the lines to make a very linear print, then i injected some serious colour into the work. I dyed all my own cotton and mixed them with my own coloured pigments inks. I also used foiling techniques to give sections of the print a shimmering look.

Once i had the prints on contrasting fabrics, I cut them up and patchworked them back together to make some more 'shocking' designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment